Hi All

Here I got a challenging task to do in any of JAVA/JavaScript/AJAX technologies with an XML as input.

Task: Graphical representation of Application Dependency among the machines in a Network.
Technology to use: JAVA/JavaScript/AJAX/XML
Conditions: Source Files should be available and cannot use any licensed applications/libraries inside the package. Input XML will be given with details of machines in the network; running processes, ports, shared applications and other details of each machines. Each of the Entity should be represented with the corresponding image which is customizable.
Timespan: 1 week

I have started studying different libraries and uses. Hope Java2D will help. Also AJAX and XML Parser classes needed.

Anybody out there to help me?
Hope you will join me soon.

Take Care
Aneesh Anand

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The SAX or DOM XML Parser, that comes with the JDK, and a Canvas.

Good Luck, because until you actually do something yourself, that's all you're getting.

Hi

First of all let me tell you am not a student.. (ref: the thread from the cscgal)

I started it with yFiles library for graph drawing and plotted the graph too.
but still missing part is the XML data binding.

The SAX or DOM XML Parser, that comes with the JDK, and a Canvas.

Good Luck, because until you actually do something yourself, that's all you're getting.

Okay?

Hi

First of all let me tell you am not a student.. (ref: the thread from the cscgal)

I started it with yFiles library for graph drawing and plotted the graph too.
but still missing part is the XML data binding.

whether or not you are a student has nothing to do with your question, so why bring it op?
to work with XML, you can use SAX or DOM, as earlier suggested

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.