When I am trying to install Python on my computer I get the error "administrative rights are required". It is only one account on my computer so I do not understand the message.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Which version of python are you using?

Which version of python are you using?

This is irrelevant. I've never used Vista, but I've heard of other people on this forum complaining about it... I think I remember something about right-clicking the file and choosing "Run as Administrator"... or something similar. Maybe you can see if that is an option when you right click on the Python installer

This is irrelevant. I've never used Vista, but I've heard of other people on this forum complaining about it... I think I remember something about right-clicking the file and choosing "Run as Administrator"... or something similar. Maybe you can see if that is an option when you right click on the Python installer

Thank you, it worked

Running MSI packages needing admin rights in some windows (Don't remember if XP or vista) is little annoying for it doesn't give run as (Now I remember it is XP) you just run command line at admin level and then moving using commandline to file dir and run it.

Little bit deviation but I thought worth to say!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.