Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my checkers program; whenever I move the piece, it redraws the whole board and basically puts the piece back into its original position. The code is attached to this post. Thank you for your help!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ya think? Looking at your code, how could you expect it to do anything different? I don't see any attempt to maintain a board's state, and your program does not even deserve to be called an attempt at a checkers program; except upon the rare click, it just calls GamePaint over and over again, drawing the starting position of a checkers board.

Ya think? Looking at your code, how could you expect it to do anything different? I don't see any attempt to maintain a board's state, and your program does not even deserve to be called an attempt at a checkers program; except upon the rare click, it just calls GamePaint over and over again, drawing the starting position of a checkers board.

Can you instead tell me how to possibly fix it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.