Are there any methods in C# to adjust the hue, lightness and saturation of textures?

I have a Texture2D object in which I want to gradually change the hue of every pixel in the texture by the same amount over time. Just as if I was in Paint.NET and manually sliding the hue control slider for an image.

Is there a method I can use that gives me control over this?

I'm using the XNA development framework in Visual C# Express Edition

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Perhaps it will :-)

I'll give it a go - thanks for that, looks like I can manipulate HSL values in images to my hearts content with this.

Hopefully I will be able to manipulate the pixels of images around the size of 450x450 (202500 pixels) in real time. If this turns out to be too much for my laptop I'm thinking of using 'stencil' images which lie on top of a changing image of the current hue desired - pre-loading in all my desired hues to display underneath it - since all my images are mostly black with a colorful glyph displayed on them that I want to gradually change colour over time.

Are there any methods in C# to adjust the hue, lightness and saturation of textures?

I have a Texture2D object in which I want to gradually change the hue of every pixel in the texture by the same amount over time. Just as if I was in Paint.NET and manually sliding the hue control slider for an image.

Is there a method I can use that gives me control over this?

I'm using the XNA development framework in Visual C# Express Edition

Yes first you must create a bitmap of the Textures. Please View my Snippet. I have also included other methods that you might find useful.

Hope this helps

Thanks very much, very useful.

Glad I could Help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.