OK, I'm making a backup application and once the backup is complete, I want it to flash
FINISHED!!!! - in different colours - any help at all would be appreciated, thanks - MaxICube

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by maxicube

I wouldn't do it. Flashing a message in different colors is one of the most obnoxious things you can do to a user IMO.

I wouldn't do it. Flashing a message in different colors is one of the most obnoxious things you can do to a user IMO.

Right up there with websites that play music, and don't put an obvious off button at the top.

oh well its at the end, so it distracts you from other work to press ok, (like an ad)
and that sample didnt realy compile for me (im using code::blocks)

C:\Users\Maxicube\Desktop\c++\winsock\main.cpp||In function `void textcolor(int, int, int)':|
C:\Users\Maxicube\Desktop\c++\winsock\main.cpp|34|warning: left-hand operand of comma has no effect|
C:\Users\Maxicube\Desktop\c++\winsock\main.cpp|34|warning: right-hand operand of comma has no effect|
C:\Users\Maxicube\Desktop\c++\winsock\main.cpp|34|warning: right-hand operand of comma has no effect|
C:\Users\Maxicube\Desktop\c++\winsock\main.cpp|35|warning: right-hand operand of comma has no effect|
||=== Build finished: 0 errors, 6 warnings ===|

well it did compile but...
this is all that pops up:

40%sIn color
40%s
Process returned 0 (0x0)   execution time : 0.047 s
Press any key to continue.

-- EDIT i should look further down the page next time --- SOLVED!!!!

-- EDIT i should look further down the page next time --- SOLVED!!!!

Ooops, my bad - I should have pointed out the solution was lower on the page.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.