Hi all;
i dont know how to access data stored in C: Drive (folders) where i want to retrieve this data and put it into a TreeNodes

please i need help quickly

thanks in advance

yours;
Eng.Basma Ahmed,
Symbian Developer,
ASGATech Company,
Cairo.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Do you want to read file or folder names from the C:drive and store them in the TreeNodes of a TreeView control?
What have you already coded yourself?

Are you creating the data to put in the treeview or is it some predefined stuff too?

In being able to explain the problem carefully, it would more likely explain the answer to you too.

Do you want to read file or folder names from the C:drive and store them in the TreeNodes of a TreeView control?
What have you already coded yourself?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i want to read folder name from C: drive (e.g "CSharp") to use it for checking (in my code) and then copy some files inside this folder to another drive .

Are you creating the data to put in the treeview or is it some predefined stuff too?

In being able to explain the problem carefully, it would more likely explain the answer to you too.

as i said before i want to read a folder name from C: drive and then go inside it to copy some files to another drive ..

i hope that i explained my problem well

thanks in advance

Sadly, no it doesnt explain it very well.

How about you show us what you have and explain why/how its not doing what you thought the code should.

So, as I understand it you want to do some file IO.
Have you any code yet? Are you affraid to show it to us? Is it that bad? We are used to something here you know, besides we are here to correct it if it's wrong!
Did you do some rechearch on the calls or objects you might use to complete your task? For instance the FileInfo or DirectoryInfo class could be of help here.

Hi all;
i dont know how to access data stored in C: Drive (folders) where i want to retrieve this data and put it into a TreeNodes

please i need help quickly

thanks in advance

yours;
Eng.Basma Ahmed,
Symbian Developer,
ASGATech Company,
Cairo.

I believe what you want is an ordinary IO operation, add the System.IO namespace and then there are various static and instance methods that you can use to get folders and files in C drive, then you will need a recursive function to create nodes for the treeview. I could provide you with sample code if i had time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.