I made a Calculator with 3 Textboxes (the First 2 for the Variables the Third for the Result) and 4 buttons (+, -, *, /) and the code i used for the subtraction button was:

TextBox3.Text = Val(TextBox1.Text) - Val(TextBox2.Text)

But Heres all my Code:

Private Sub CloseToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CloseToolStripMenuItem.Click
'Closes Form
Me.Close()
End Sub

Private Sub AboutToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles AboutToolStripMenuItem.Click
'Shows Form2 or the About Form
Form2.Show()
End Sub

Private Sub HelpToolStripMenuItem1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles HelpToolStripMenuItem1.Click
'Shows Form3 or the Help Form
Form3.Show()
End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
'Add Button
TextBox3.Text = Val(TextBox1.Text) + Val(TextBox2.Text)
End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
'Subtract Button
TextBox3.Text = Val(TextBox1.Text) - Val(TextBox2.Text)
End Sub

Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click
'Multiply Button
TextBox3.Text = Val(TextBox1.Text) * Val(TextBox2.Text)
End Sub

Private Sub Button4_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button4.Click
'Divide Button
TextBox3.Text = Val(TextBox1.Text) / Val(TextBox2.Text)
End Sub
End Class

And i used 02 + 04 and i got it to = 6

Its not the most Advanced Calculator but I was board one day

Hi,

Not bad for a start but I have attached a full calc. code as a gift.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.