is there a way to access a mysql server or a php script using java to verify a username and password?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

How do you mean username and password?

Like checking to see if a username & password that is stored in the database is correct?
Or if the username and database for the database is correct?

if a username and password entered by the user is correct

Okay, forgive me but that did not really answer my question. I was wondering, are you already connected to the database and ready to start checking usernames and passwords?

or area you trying to see if the username and password for the database are correct?

no, I didn't know If connecting to mysql databases was possible using java. Do I have to be hosting the server or can a phpmyadmin do it? Also, how would I connect to the server using java? Thanks

no, I didn't know If connecting to mysql databases was possible using java. Do I have to be hosting the server or can a phpmyadmin do it? Also, how would I connect to the server using java? Thanks

Yes! It is very possible to access MySQL databases using java, you need pretty much the same data as you would if you were gonna connect to MySQL DB using PHP. (Address, username, password, etc)

This link should help you out a bunch. It has links to forums dedicated to java/mysql, documentation, and a tutorial.
http://dev.mysql.com/usingmysql/java/

Enjoy PO.

Yes, Java is able to communicate with large number of databases. As PhiberOptik pointed out for this you will also need driver Connector/J.
I will recommend that you read JDBC Database Access tutorial by Sun for starter...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.