Any one could help me to write a program that lets the user order a hamburger just the way he or she wants it. The GUI should allow the user to enter his or her name. It should also allows the user to select any combination of the following toppings: cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, pickles, mustard, mayo, and ketchup. The program should have the user select either a white or wheat bun. When the user clicks an order button, the program should display a message in a text box that details the burger the user created base on his or her selections.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

We're here to help. Just post the code that you've already written and we'll be glad to fix any bugs or suggest ways to improve it.

We're here to help. Just post the code that you've already written and we'll be glad to fix any bugs or suggest ways to improve it.

+1 jlm699

I think also if you don't have idea where to start, one can help that but not writing the whole program for you!

Hope you will understand

I'd personally suggest using wxPython if you haven't chosen a GUI package yet. You'd just need a TextCtrl for the name, a set of CheckBoxes for the different toppings, and a 2 RadioButtons for the choice of bun (so only 1 can be selected), and then a Button which executes the info-gathering function.
You can find wxPython at: http://www.wxpython.org/

(I'm agreeing with jlm699 and evstevemd in that this sounds like an assignment for a class, therefore I'll be happy to debug/suggest ideas for your code, but you'll need to post what you come up with in order for us to help. Your main post lists what you need done as if it's an order to us, but you'll need to actually put some of your own effort into this.)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.