I have just started learning C#....
But I am not getting any good place or book to learn I know C/C++.
I would also like to learn .NET(I have no idea what it is).
Can you suggest some book or place from where I can start with?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

You could try www.3dbuzz.com who have a set of video training things which are fun to follow

I'm starting C# with Beginning C# 2008: From Novice to Professional and Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 in C# 2008: From Novice to Professional from APress. I have to say it's amazing, easy to follow. Strongly recommend.
If you have a bit of knowledge about C# you could follow this link for a bit of basic GDI stuff. I'm always find it fun to work with:
http://hieu.co.uk/post/2008/12/04/Cnet-Basic-image-slide-show.aspx
You need a book to start the basic knowledge with a language. After that, CodeProject will do fine. Or just Google what you want to do...

I too have the books but the vtms (even the free ones) on 3dbuzz are done in an entertaining and good way. Its worth a watch

Yeah, I just checked 3dbuzz. I thought it's just about 3d but when I check out the C# area and it's quite good as well. Thank LizR

LizR: 3d gaming is not really my cup of tea, but the C# vids are nice!

3d gaming isnt my idea of fun either - however, the things it teaches you along the way are, and sure you make a bunch of games along the way but they cover so much and in someways you almost dont notice you're having a good laugh there.

Thanx for all the help. I have "Beginning C# 2008" and I have already started reading it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.