Ok I'm trying to make a GUI with multiple forms on Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. And I was following a tutorial and made two forms. Form1 and Second. I want the Second form to open from Form1. So I included Second.h in form1 and then added this to the code:

private: System::Void Form1_DoubleClick(System::Object^  sender, System::EventArgs^  e) {
				 Second *dos= new Second;
				 dos->Show();
			 }

I get the following three errors:
error C3699: "*" cannot use this indirection on 'Multiforms1::Second'
error C2750: 'Multiforms1::Second': cannot use "new" on the reference type; use gcnew instead
error C2440: 'initializing: cannot convert form Multiforms1::Second* to 'Multiforms::Second^'

I tried messing around with it, but I can't get it to work.

Dear natique, can u tell me where u get ur tutorial? I've been seaching this tutorial since last 2 week and dont get any of it....almost give up already....one more question, how u display Form 2 from Form 1? Using button? Hope u can explain to me if u dont mind...huhu

Comments
Don't bump old threads

Dear natique, can u tell me where u get ur tutorial? I've been seaching this tutorial since last 2 week and dont get any of it....almost give up already....one more question, how u display Form 2 from Form 1? Using button? Hope u can explain to me if u dont mind...huhu

@slowlearner2010 you are 5 years to late, bumping old thread. If you want to get answer to your question you better to repost as this thread is now closed.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.