Hi guys :), long time ^^

I have a question, I hope to get the answer :)

"what is the name of all c++ exception handlers?"

thanks in advance :)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I think you have your terminology mixed up. Can you give an example of one or two "exception handlers" that you're familiar with so we know what the hell you're talking about?

I think you have your terminology mixed up. Can you give an example of one or two "exception handlers" that you're familiar with so we know what the hell you're talking about?

Well, to be honest I was looking at my book and that question attract me, and now I'm looking for an answer

The question is: "what is the name of all c++ exception handlers?"

the book is called (Concepts of Programming Languages)..

:icon_rolleyes: Perhaps you should read the chapter which asks that question. Most likely the author defines "exception handler" so that it makes more sense.

You see, the standard terminology is that an exception handler is one of the catch clauses in a try..catch. Because the construction of a catch clause is effectively infinite, there's no way to "name" all of them. Unless the answer to the question is "Oh, there's only one and it's called catch", your book is using a non-standard definition of "exception handler".

:icon_rolleyes: Perhaps you should read the chapter which asks that question. Most likely the author defines "exception handler" so that it makes more sense.

You see, the standard terminology is that an exception handler is one of the catch clauses in a try..catch. Because the construction of a catch clause is effectively infinite, there's no way to "name" all of them. Unless the answer to the question is "Oh, there's only one and it's called catch", your book is using a non-standard definition of "exception handler".

yeah, may be as you said (catch) or may be as I though (exception mechanism), I'll keep both answers, and I'm gonna read the chapter to confirm the correct answer :)

thanks a lot for being on touch :)

I would have thought it wise to have read the chapter before doing the extercises at the end of the chapter :)

I would have thought it wise to have read the chapter before doing the extercises at the end of the chapter :)

yeah I guess that's the best, but I said "how about taking a shortcut and ask the guys here! hehehehe :D"

thanks ^^

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.