In Project Contains huge data. In a table nearly 1.5 lac records are there.Those records Contains First Name,LastName,and Father Name.
My problem is to find duplicate Records based on the names. Moreover i want to search these records Quickly.

any solution is there for quick accessing

Can anybody give the solution for this problem

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

When you say table you mean database table?
If yes do an order by and read the data using ResultSet. Then check for duplicates

Duplicates meaning, the entire name should be identical or just any of the first name, last name etc ?
Check "select firstname, count(first name) from tablename having count(firstname) > 1" something like this.

Duplicates meaning, the entire name should be identical or just any of the first name, last name etc ?
Check "select firstname, count(first name) from tablename having count(firstname) > 1" something like this.

Any Of the names that is, Following are the records

House_no FirstName LastName FatherF_NM Father_L_NM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1-1/A Ajay Kumar Surender Verma
1-22/A Ajay Surender
1-33 Ajay Kumar SurenderVerma

I want to find out all these records

Then the query given by me should work with modifications wherever you want to have them.

Thank u
I got the solution.

Please marked this post as solved, thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.