Hi, I have a small problem...

I'm developing a small application (very similar to the Windows Task Manager) that I want to be able to control other application windows (Bring them up, change focus, minimize them and so on).

I don't know how to control the other windows, but I have managed to collect all processes that run on my computer (Which wasn't hard at all). Can I access the controlling-functions through the process classes or is there any other way to control them?

Please help me,
J-P

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You need to get handler to the other form, usually made using windows libraries, read in....

How do I use (or read in) Windows libraries then?

API viewer your savior...

I've been working on this with sendmessage, and to be honest, I've been having a hell of a time with using sendmessage in .NET. I can write one in less than 2 minutes that sends a minimize message to a window in VB6, but .NET has somehow made it much crazier to use sendmessage.... working on it, but looking grim :/

Ok, thanks a lot :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.