I'd like to read/write xls files in Delphi. I think there's a way to do this using ADO. Can anyone provide an example or head me in the right direction. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Please use the search button as this has already been answered many times.

as far as I know, for you to be able to read an excel document using delphi, you must first change your document's data type from .Xls to .Csv and open ur document like a textfile.

Totally untrue. You can read and write to excel. As I said, search the forum, there are a number of ways and code and so on within this forum

Thank you Jonase. The CSV file approach, which is nicely supported by TStrngList, is one way. I was unable to discover how to use the Delphi components TExcelApplicatioin, TExcelWorkBook, etc.

Using the non-visual components of TXLSWorkbook turned out to be very straight forward. NativeExcel by NikaSoft seems to be well written and, more importantly, well documented with good samples.

I guess you didnt look through the rest of the excel posts then

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.