I want to know how to position and rotate a gun to make it look like it does in other FPS games, any help?!?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Could that question be any more vague? You're going to have to post much more detail before you can expect a reply of any help.

I want to make my guy look like he is holding a gun like in crysis or cod4 and the camera just goes through the gun and it doesnt rotate properly. hope that helps

I want to make my guy look like he is holding a gun like in crysis or cod4 and the camera just goes through the gun and it doesnt rotate properly. hope that helps

And how exactly is that related to C++ code? What engine are you using? Where should this be implemented? How are you supposed to do it? In which whay? Where? Why?

If you already know these parts in whatever you are doing, it's a question about trigonometry.

i am using DarkGDK, this is being implemented in my game for the player.

You'd be better off posting your code on their forums.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum

Someone there is likely to know the precise details of how to use the API, and correct your mistakes.

Unless you happen to get lucky and find a DarkGDK expert here, it's unlikely that anyone is going to do all your research for you to figure out how the APIs work, just to tell you the answer.

Forums like DW are very good at the general programming problems and helping people understand the basics. But when all your questions start to centre around the 'foo' API, then you're going to be better off served by the community dedicated to the foo API at the foo website.

Ok that makes some sense. I've never used DarkGDK so I'll leave it to someone else.

I want to know how to position and rotate a gun to make it look like it does in other FPS games, any help?!?

I current know nothing about games programming, but what I am fully aware of is your inability to show the source code to your game.

Without it, helping parties will not actually be able to help you (because they won't know what flaws exist in your code, where and what code to add, to provide what you want).

ok thanks guys i will

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.