Trying to run QBASIC 1.1 in Windows XP Professional, I get Error message "16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem, Please Input Parameters for this Application". What is wanted here? What should I enter to run QBASIC?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Trying to run QBASIC 1.1 in Windows XP Professional, I get Error message "16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem, Please Input Parameters for this Application". What is wanted here? What should I enter to run QBASIC?

;) Well hallrn...I have not used QBasic for too long...(Not)
The Truth is I have used it for as long as I can probably write my own
name.What it wants is the name of your file - Your program's file name.
What you do is enter the file name then once your terminal user interface runs
assuming that it is in that mode - your program's file name should be what you typed at the PARM window...

That is what I used to do and that is how it used to work for me... :rolleyes:

Let the Mutantion continue... :cheesy:

I thought that I had tried entering the file name, but I'll give it another shot. Maybe I didn't include the PATH. Thanks.

You are using a version of the language too far removed from the current operating system, which is 32 bit. It may not be possible to stretch compatibility that far. This is just more of the stupidity that results from allowing a monopoly to control computing.

It may be looking for the vbrun runtime package, and can't find the file.

It may be looking for a Windows file which tells it how to run a 16 bit program, which may be in some obscure folder, or not installed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.