Id like to use lapack to invert large martix but i am lost .
i don't know even how to install it and call it in a program.
i have searched for a month in the web but always the method does'nt work or complicated .
can someone do something simple and complete .?

i have linux ubuntu and dev on windows
it is urgent .my work depend on .

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

How about this?

And here are the pre-compiled libraries for your windows machine. I never used dev, but you'll have to add these to your linker somewhere in projectoptions

it is urgent

You shouldn't have wasted your time "searching for a month" then :)

i have already seen this but it doen't help me a lot .
i d like someone to tell me step by step how to do because i always stop at the middle of wht i found until now

ps.thanks for the quick answer .

You could always try to explain at which point you got stuck...
Look: Not that much people use this Library, so the chance that you'll get a step-by-step manual is pretty small. But a lot of the steps necessary to install the lib are the same for Lapack as for any other lib.
so if you give a bit more info, the chance that you'll get a descent answer will improve

i am trying to write a physics program using C++.so i need use lapack++ to invert large matrices .
eache time i download lapackpp.tgz and try to install it .i can not finish the installation .
is there anyone who already installed it and used it ?

what operating system? If MS-Windows you are downloading the wrong file -- download the *.zip file at the end of the list in the link that Niek posted in post #2 above.

i Have vista and ubuntu .

until now it is not what i want .
i know from where to download but i d like some one who already installed it to tell me how .and also how to use it .

it is like for example i installed it in windows but no idea how to tell Dev C++ how to call it .
in linux i didn't succeed to install it

So in windows your question would be : "How do I link to library files in dev-C++".
I personally don't have dev, but this link looks promising: click

In Dev-C++ select Project --> Project Options, then enter the path as shown in the attached picture. Don't know about *nix

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.