Hello there,
This is my first post. I want to make a currency converter program in Java and for that i want live/real-time exchange rates. So can you please tell me how can this be done. I have full time net connection, so thats not a problem :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

First of all you will need an API (provided by one of various currency exchange websites) which will feed you the data if you want live /real time exchange rates.
I normally use www.xe.com to check currency rates, they also have their own data feed product where they will post you their data in XML,CSV or just in a plain old HTML table, however you need to pay for it and I do not **think** that any of these sites will let you use this service for free (Of course I could be wrong).

please reply guys......

First of all you will need an API (provided by one of various currency exchange websites) which will feed you the data if you want live /real time exchange rates.
I normally use www.xe.com to check currency rates, they also have their own data feed product where they will post you their data in XML,CSV or just in a plain old HTML table, however you need to pay for it and I do not **think** that any of these sites will let you use this service for free (Of course I could be wrong).

thanx stephen, as a student i'm interested in free stuff....but thanx anyways :)

anyone with another answer....

The second option is you could try figuring out how they send the request from the page where you specify the currency details and parse whatever response you get back to check for the conversion details.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.