I'm trying to use VB.NET to insert the data in the current row of my datagrid into a table. I wrote the following code:

Dim vCustomer, vBulkQty, vItem, vBaseUnit, vEachQty, vEachUnit As String

vCustomer = dgCustomers.CurrentRow.Cells(0).Value
        vItem = dgItems.CurrentRow.Cells(0).Value
        vBulkQty = dgItems.CurrentRow.Cells(3).Value
        vBaseUnit = dgItems.CurrentRow.Cells(4).Value
        vEachQty = dgItems.CurrentRow.Cells(5).Value
        vEachUnit = dgItems.CurrentRow.Cells(6).Value

Dim Insert As String

Insert = "INSERT INTO OTM_ORDERS(CustomerID,ItemNo,BulkQty,BaseUnit,EachQty,StockUnit) " _
        & "VALUES ('" & Trim(vCustomer) & "','" & Trim(vItem) & "','" & Trim(vBulkQty) & "','" _
        & Trim(vBaseUnit) & "','" & Trim(vEachQty) & "','" & Trim(vEachUnit) & "')"

Dim sqlCom As New SqlCommand(Insert, conn)
        sqlCom.ExecuteNonQuery()

The problem is that although there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the code I get an unhandled SQLException on the sqlCom.ExecuteNonQuery() statement that says "Invalid object name 'OTM_ORDERS'."

I've already created this table using SQL, so why am I not able to insert data into it?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello.
Can you show which do you use connection string with your database? Please ensure your connection string is correct.

Cheers

The connection string is correct. I can pull information from the same database and display it - I am trying to save the information taken from one table into a newly created table.

Just to let you know, everyone, that the code was correct. When I ran the code to create the table, it was created on the wrong server... so when I ran it, the application was looking for the created table on the wrong server. It's working as expected now.

Sorry for any inconvenience...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.