I'm making a shortcut tool for vista and know how to make my program load Yahoo! or MSN, But the question i have is if the person has not saved Yahoo! or MSN to there C drive this wont work

Dim oPro As New Process
        With oPro
            .StartInfo.UseShellExecute = True
            .StartInfo.FileName = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe"
            .Start()
        End With

What would be the best way to code it so that it will find Yahoo! or MSN no matter where it is saved?

Also i cant find a way to code a key to open the basic windows games (on individual buttons) I.E Clicking one button opens Freecell another button opens Solitaire.

Contributors
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Celdecea

You can probably poke in the registry for Yahoo and MSN. I found this key for msn messenger: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MessengerService\InstallationDirectory I am sure there must be something similar for Yahoo.

As for the keyboard trapping, I don't know how you would do that without dropping out of managed code and surfing the Windows API (which I am ok with but I was bottle-fed with VB6). I believe the function you'd want is GetKeyboardState() (documented at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646299.aspx).

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.