hello

nice help from this site,

pls help me for program

problem :
C program to read a list of names ending on a '$'. Each name ends on '.' and contains maximum of 30 characters. our program must convert the format as indicated in the example below and print the modified list of names. Your program must use files for input and output.

input Output
Ashok Kumar Sinha. Sinha A.Kumar.
Prem Lal Sharma. Sharma P.Lal
Hari Om Prakash Prakash H.Om

pls help

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

premsharma - if you want help after this program i suggest creating a new thread, can be confusing to have new programming questions embedded in other programming question threads. I also suggest attempting the code yourself, try to get it to work as best you can, if you are new to C, read up on beginning C. If you have previous programming knowledge that program should be simple, but we still aint givin you the answer unless you put forth decent effort, waste of our time and yours, we already know it, you wont learn anything without doing anything.

hello

nice help from this site,

pls help me for program

problem :
C program to read a list of names ending on a '$'. Each name ends on '.' and contains maximum of 30 characters. our program must convert the format as indicated in the example below and print the modified list of names. Your program must use files for input and output.

input Output
Ashok Kumar Sinha. Sinha A.Kumar.
Prem Lal Sharma. Sharma P.Lal
Hari Om Prakash Prakash H.Om

pls help

Note : Don't mix up the threads.Your question is different form the present thread so start a new thread or else your question may go unnoticed. And someone with the same problem as yours wouldn't even know where to look for even though answer is here.

Well your question can be dealt as follows:

1>Take the inputs as string.
2>Tokenize the string with strtok and get the constituent strings.
3>Once you have all three parts of the name its only matter of arrangement and converting the First name to its first character.And arranging according to your needs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.