HI,
I am Using VB 6, how do I sent data over the internet to an SQL DataBase

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

you must be connected to the database.

I know I needs to be connected, but what connection string I need to use to connect over the internet. I know the codes to connect thru a network but not over the internet.

what exactly you mean by over internet ?

are you in the same network as the server ?

Data would be sent from one store to the other, but they are not on the same network. Instead of using modems it would be over the internet.

I am trying to send data thru vb 6 code interface over the internet. It's like a person using a creditcard at a store. Instead of using the verifone machine to swipe the card, just use a vb interface to send the data over the internet to connect to a sql database.

If you are connecting to an sql database you will need an account setup in the database for remote access instead of localhost.

But what would be better is if you could get access to the server and have a web page on there with a web form with some code in the page to access the connection for the database i.e.

strConnection = "driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};server=localhost;uid=$user;password=$password;database=$database"
Set adoDataConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
adoDataConn.Open strConnection

where $user is the username, $password is the password for the username and off course $database is the name of the database your are trying to connect to.

Is that what your looking for?

is that what your after

Thank you, that is what I was looking for.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.