Hi,
I'm fairly new to web development and very new to Perl (although Im picking things up as I use it more) I am currently working on a cgi application as part of a web site. The application is written in perl and I need some image manipulation. I have been trying to install Image magick and Perl magick but as far I am having no luck. Image Magick installed quite happily and appears to work but I just cannot get the Perl magick bit too work. Initially when trying to refer to an Image magick package, Perl could not find the PM file. After I played about and looked for solutions I now get;
"can't load :C/Perl/site/lib/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.dll for module Image::Magick load_file:This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect" (etc..)

I'm really quite confused and if anyone knows how to get this working it would be great. I really have no idea what I should be doing w.r.t env_variables and file locations. Thanks in advance

Development machine: Windows Xp with Perl 5.10.0, imageMagick 6.4.9-Q16,

Sorry, I have no experience with installing either of those.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.