hello
the problem that i am facing is that whenever i click on the tc icon to start the compiler, the screen turns black first (which is normal). and then after about two seconds the compiler is exited from even without starting it. Even when i try running the exe files of c, the same happens every time.
Thinking that there might be some problem with my turboc, i installed it again on my pc. but i am still facing the same problem. Kindly help me.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

what version of windows is running on your computer? If you have Vista then I'm not supprised that tc won't run. Get yourself a newer free compiler, such as Microsoft VC++ 2008 Express or Code::Blocks.

what version of windows is running on your computer? If you have Vista then I'm not supprised that tc won't run. Get yourself a newer free compiler, such as Microsoft VC++ 2008 Express or Code::Blocks.

it is windows xp. And everything was fine before about a month. since then i dint use the compiler. i opened it before 3-4 days from now...and got to face the problem

Member Avatar for ravish_26490

Maybe you could try opening TC from DOS prompt by:
Left-Click on Start->Run->Then type cmd press enter.
you will get a DOS prompt dialog box from where u put in the path of TC
Example(If your TC is installed in C:)
Type the following
cd\ press enter
cd tc press enter
cd bin press enter
tc press enter
sometimes TC does not open thru windows..

If above mentioned solutions don't work u could also try using Compatibility settings in Properties of TC.exe
Let me know if this was of any help

i tried to open tc using dos, but it doesnt work as wel. i got the following msg on dos

DPMI server initialization error->v86 task without vcpi

another interesting thing is that when i try running the compiler from bin folder inside tc, it doesnt show any error mesage. but when i try running it from the shortcut on desktop it gives the following msg

invalid program file name, please check your pif file.

the title of this error msg box is
16 bit ms-dos subsystem.

Can you install a newer version of the TurboC compiler? Or can you switch to a better IDE/compiler like MSVC++ or Codeblocks?

another interesting thing is that when i try running the compiler from bin folder inside tc, it doesnt show any error mesage. but when i try running it from the shortcut on desktop it gives the following msg

invalid program file name, please check your pif file.

the title of this error msg box is
16 bit ms-dos subsystem.

You may need to add the tc\bin directory to your PATH environment variable. I don't recall exactly how to do that on XP, but if you hit Start -->Help, then enter "environment variables" it will tell you how to do it.

i have added d:/tc/bin to environmental variable path. but its still nt working....

DPMI is DOS protected mode interface... It is used to run DOS in protected mode. This breaks the DOS 640 kB (conventional) memory limitation among other benefits....DPMI requires a 80386 or better cpu to run.... So maybe there is some problem with your memory manager or something...You could change ur memory manager.... But the solution is quite tricky and there aree great chances that you could end up crashing ur system....

Or better yet, don't use one bit of technological bodge-ware to fix another bit of technological fossil-ware, and just get a compiler for the real world.

One which is actually compatible with your OS, and not just happy backward compatibility convenience which will eventually stop working.

I agree with salem... Try using a new compiler which is windows based.... so no dos no dpmi problem!!! btw DevCpp is a compiler which is like a turbo c++ only....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.