Dear all,

to start with, im not asking for a code...im just too lost and need someone to guide me.

can anybody help me think about implementing a hash table to store memory addresses and times for stores, and to look up matching addresses and times in the hash table for loads.

your help is HIGHLY appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm not sure what you mean. What do you mean by "memory addresses and times for stores"?
What memory addresses? What stores?
What times? What loads?

I'm not sure what you mean. What do you mean by "memory addresses and times for stores"?
What memory addresses? What stores?
What times? What loads?

first. thanks for your reply

well i wana try to build "memory model " (model it on a store and load instructions) using a hashtable , by the "time" i mean the cycle time.

Why do you need a hash table? What does your memory model look like conceptually? What would the driver (main) look like, for example? You still haven't given near enough information.

well i need the hash table for the same reason cache implementation uses a hashtable.

memory implementation resembles that of the cache but its a bit less complicated.

i tried to look at cache implementation..they used hashtable for the cache organization

Within the cache, there are three basic types of organization:

Direct Mapped
Fully Associative
Set Associative

im going to use the set assocative one...
so basically i want a general pseudocode for the memory implementation (for any kind of cpu)..i'll look for the details later cz i think i'll be workin for the x86.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.