hi guys, i downloaded eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 and when i run setup.exe it asks for a serial number, where can i find it?
thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

i thought this was a free software, is not it? it asks for cd product id when i run acmboot.exe

Did you actually read the page?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1DACDB3D-50D1-41B2-A107-FA75AE960856&displaylang=en

Note: Use the following CD key when installing this software: TRT7H-KD36T-FRH8D-6QH8P-VFJHQ

Its right there on it

Its ancient though, You cant use evC with the new (windows mobile 5 and above) SDKs and embedded VB apps wont work at all on these versions.

You really should use Visual Studio (2005 or avbove , must be professional edition) and the .NET compact framework, its the only currently supported way.

Did you actually read the page?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1DACDB3D-50D1-41B2-A107-FA75AE960856&displaylang=en

Its right there on it

Its ancient though, You cant use evC with the new (windows mobile 5 and above) SDKs and embedded VB apps wont work at all on these versions.

You really should use Visual Studio (2005 or avbove , must be professional edition) and the .NET compact framework, its the only currently supported way.

i have a symbol ppt 8800 device, and i read its manual, it says its required development tool is eVC++, i will read more, i fed up with these variety of information for these each individual pocket PCs.

You really should use Visual Studio (2005 or avbove , must be professional edition)

Actually, the standard version (not express) also comes with mobile device support, so that might save a few bucks.

i have a symbol ppt 8800 device, and i read its manual, it says its required development tool is eVC++,

The manual is probably out of date. The ppt8800 runs some version of windows CE right? VS2008 (2005) supports development for winCE devices

Symbols can run either the full CE or Windows Mobile.

The SDKs for both can be downloaded for Visual Studio (by default it only supports windows mobile 2003/5)

i wish i was at your age jbennet, after age of 27 your energy decreases to learn all sort of these new informations... thanks for the answers

No problem , i only know because ive done it myself (i got visual studio 2008 pro and i wanted to try the windows mobile 6 sdk as i have an ipaq running that and wanted to make a version of IE with tabs)

Just so you know, if you do decide to try the old eVc, i have been told that it doesnt run well on XP, and i dont think it runs at all on vista.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.