I tried using a lib (svgacc) in Borland C++ both from source directory(i.e. bin) and lib and include directories(ofcourse after previously copying the in those dirs D:).
The error is :
Linker error: undefined symbol _videomodeget in module main.cpp .
I tried building in a project of modules as well as a stand-alone "*.cpp" file.
I used the #include "svgacc.h" statement for source dir and <> statement for the lib&include dirs Co.Ltd :D. The error didn't change.

P.S.: I tested to see if the header is "seen" by putting some wrong args to the functions I called in the module (i.e. main cause it was a test module ),and compiler reacted naturally: "Extra parameters ...".
Searched for a way to make the linker see it...but i can't find any...

Please help with some clues so that I know there is hope :D ...
I'm out of ideas.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You may have physically placed the libraries in those directories, but did you tell your compiler that it needs to look for those libraries ? I don't use Borland compilers so I don't know how to do that. Maybe in project setting somewhere.

K...thanks....I managed to add it now. It works.

I tried using a lib (svgacc) in Borland C++ both from source directory(i.e. bin) and lib and include directories(ofcourse after previously copying the in those dirs D:).
The error is :
Linker error: undefined symbol _videomodeget in module main.cpp .
I tried building in a project of modules as well as a stand-alone "*.cpp" file.
I used the #include "svgacc.h" statement for source dir and <> statement for the lib&include dirs Co.Ltd :D. The error didn't change.

P.S.: I tested to see if the header is "seen" by putting some wrong args to the functions I called in the module (i.e. main cause it was a test module ),and compiler reacted naturally: "Extra parameters ...".
Searched for a way to make the linker see it...but i can't find any...

Please help with some clues so that I know there is hope :D ...
I'm out of ideas.

reply:::I got same problem.I resolve it........

1.Save the required file as cpp file.(eg...code.cpp)
2.Include graphics header files
#include<graphics.h>
#include<graphicslib.h>
3.see ur main() (important step)
int gd=DETECT,gm;
initgraph(&gd,&gm,"C:\\Tc\\BGI");
(after installation of turboc++3,u got BGI file.u have to provide path as in ur system)
4.Last step
Goto options->Linkers->Libraries->put ''X'(click) for Graphics library and standard run time. others should be blank.
5.Now execute the program,it really works.
---sagar reply

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.