Hello everybody,

Ran into a bit of trouble! During compilation I get the following error:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'login.h': No such file or directory

The login.h does exist in my directory folder.

Please let me know where I have gone wrong.

I am attaching the following files:
lib_test.cpp
login.h

Attachments
#define NOMINMAX // NOMINMAX constant used in order to use the numeric values in the C++ std library

//
#include <windows.h>
#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
#include <string>
#include <limits>
#include "login.h"
#include "read.h"
#include "search.h"
#include "create.h"
#include "edit.h"
#include "view.h"
#include "create.h"
#include "exit.h"
#include "options.h"
#include "include.h"
#include "menu.h"

//
using namespace std;

//Class for Login 
class Login
{
private:
	int login();
};

//Class for Menu
class Menu
{
public:
	void printMenu(), options(int ans);
private:
	int ans;
};

//Class for Library
class library
{
private:
	int main();
};

//Class for Viewing the File
class View
{
public:
	void viewFile();
};

//Class for Viewing the Options
class Options
{
public:
	void options(int ans);
};

//Class for Creating the File
class Create
{
public:
	void createFile();
};

//Class for Reading the File
class Read
{
public:
	void readFile();
};

//Class for Exiting
class Exit
{
public:
	void exitScreen();
};

//Class for Editing a File
class Edit
{
public:
	void editFile();
};

//Class for Searching a File
class Search
{
public:
	void searchFile();
};

//Function for Login
int login()
{
	string username; //This is a string variable calld username(string variables r 4 saving text)
	string password; //this is a string variable calld password
	int tries = 3;       //This is a integer variable tries.Here we save the number of tries to ques the

//username and password(integer = 4 saving numbers not decimal numbers).And we set it on 0

while(tries)
	{
		cout << "Username: "; //displays Username: on the screen
		cin >> username; //Saves the input in the variable username
		cout << "Password: "; 
		cin >> password;

if(username == "admin" && password == "password") //if username is the same as Admin and password is the
		//If password is correct then:
		{
			system("cls"); //clear screen
			cout << "Welcome to the Library System! \n";
			cout << "_______________________________\n";
			printMenu();
			system("pause");
			return 0;

}
		else 
		{
			tries--; //tries + 1
		}

}
	return -1;
};

void printMenu(), options(int ans);

void printMenu()
{
     int ans;
	 do
     {
		  cout << "\nPlease choose from the following options:\n\n";
          cout << "-------------------------------------------\n\n";
		  cout << "1: Search for a file\n\n";
		  cout << "2: Create a new file\n\n";
		  cout << "3: View entire catalogue\n\n";
		  cout << "4: Exit from the program\n\n";
		  cout << "-------------------------------------------\n\n";
          cin  >> ans;
          cin.ignore(80,'\n');
          options(ans);
	 }
	 while(ans!=4);
};

int main()
{	
	int success=0;
	login();

if (success = 0)
	{
		cout << "Invalid Username and Password!\n";
		return -1;

}
	else 
	{

return 0;

}

};

void viewFile()
{
	cout << "\nFull catalogue: \n";

readFile();
};

void options(int ans)
{
     switch (ans)
     {
			case 1:                         
               searchFile();
               break;
			case 2:
               createFile();
               break;
			case 3:
               viewFile();
               break;
			case 4:
               exitScreen();
               break;
			default:
               cout << "Please select an available option\n\n";
               break;
     }
};

void createFile()
{
	char author[30], title[124], fileName[40];
	int id;

cout << "\nEnter the Author: ";
    cin >> author;
    cout << "Enter the book title: ";
    cin >> title;

cout << "Enter I.D.: ";
	cin >> id;

ofstream ID( "id.txt", ios::app );
	ID << "\n" << id;

cout << "\nEnter the name of the file you want to create: ";
    cin >> fileName;

ofstream Book(fileName, ios::out);
	Book << "Author: " << author << "\n" << "Title: " << title << "\n" << "I.D. Number: " << id;

};

void readFile()
{
	string line;
	ifstream myfile ("id.txt");
	if (myfile.is_open())
	{
		while (! myfile.eof() )
		{
			getline (myfile,line);
			cout << line << endl;
		}
	myfile.close();
	}
else cout << "Unable to open file"; 
};

void exitScreen()
{
	std::cout << "\n\nPress Enter to exit...";
    std::cin.clear();
    std::cin.sync(); 
	std::cin.ignore( std::numeric_limits <std::streamsize> ::max(), '\n' );

};

void editFile()
{
	cout << "\nThe file contains: \n";
	readFile();

char buffer[1024]; 
	ofstream outonly; 

outonly.open( "id.txt", ios::app );

cout << "\nPlease add your new data: \n";
	cout << ", press RETURN on an empty ";
	cout << "line to quit.\n\n";
	do
	{
		cin.getline(buffer, 1023);
		outonly << buffer << endl;
	}
	while(*buffer);
};

void searchFile()
{
	char nam[40];
	cout << "\nPlease enter the file name you are looking for\n\n"; cin >> nam;
	Sleep(2500);

string line;
	ifstream myfile (nam);
	if (myfile.is_open())
	{
		cout << "\nThe file contains\n\n";
		while (! myfile.eof() )
		{
			getline (myfile,line);
			cout << line << endl;
		}
	myfile.close();
	}
	else cout << "\n\nThis file does not exist you will have to create a new one\n\n"; 
	cout << "\n\n";
	system("pause");
	cout << "\n";
};
#pragma once //causes the current source file to be included only once in a single compilation

#include "include.h"
#include "exit.h"
#include <iostream>

int login()
{
	string username; //This is a string variable calld username(string variables r 4 saving text)
	string password; //this is a string variable calld password
	int tries = 3;       //This is a integer variable tries.Here we save the number of tries to ques the

//username and password(integer = 4 saving numbers not decimal numbers).And we set it on 0

while(tries)
	{
		cout << "Username: "; //displays Username: on the screen
		cin >> username; //Saves the input in the variable username
		cout << "Password: "; 
		cin >> password;

if(username == "admin" && password == "password") //if username is the same as Admin and password is the
		//If password is correct then:
		{
			system("cls"); //clear screen
			cout << "Welcome to the Library System! \n";
			cout << "_______________________________\n";
			printMenu();
			system("pause");
			return 0;

}
		else 
		{
			tries--; //tries + 1
		}

}
	return -1;
}
Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by rEhSi_123

just as well you got that error because NEVER EVERY UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES put executable code in a header file (inline functions are the only exception.) Take that function out of that *.h file and put it in a *.cpp file. Then compile the two *.cpp files separately and link the object files together. Exactly how to do that will depend on the compiler you are using.

just as well you got that error because NEVER EVERY UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES put executable code in a header file (inline functions are the only exception.) Take that function out of that *.h file and put it in a *.cpp file. Then compile the two *.cpp files separately and link the object files together. Exactly how to do that will depend on the compiler you are using.

I am using MS VC++ 2008 Express version.

I did exactly what you said.

It is showing the exact same error again twice......

This error is in the include.h file

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'login': No such file or directory

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'login': No such file or directory

Now, Do you suggest to change all my .h file to .cpp?

Attachments
#pragma once //causes the current source file to be included only once in a single compilation

#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
#include <string>
#include <limits>
#include <login>

using namespace std;

So -- where is <login> header file? Is that the same file you posted previously but as login.h? If it is, it belongs in the same folder as the other *.cpp files in the project.

>>Now, Do you suggest to change all my .h file to .cpp?'
Not at all -- only the ones with executable code.

All the files are in the folder.
But still it is failing to find the file

1) in login.cpp change #include <login> to #include "login.h" 2) in include.h, change #include <login.h> to #include "login.h" When surrounded by angle brackets < and > the compiler does not look in the project directory for include files. You have to put it in quotes to do that.

After you fix that you will get a lot of other errors.

1) in login.cpp change #include <login> to #include "login.h" 2) in include.h, change #include <login.h> to #include "login.h" When surrounded by angle brackets < and > the compiler does not look in the project directory for include files. You have to put it in quotes to do that.

After you fix that you will get a lot of other errors.

Well Yeah.....20 errors in total.....which includes an include file error??

Well Yeah.....20 errors in total.....which includes an include file error??

Nope -- here are the errors I get. As you can see, the first error is about undefined symbol "printMenu". Fix that up and recompile. I'm not going to fix all the errors in this program for you -- that is for you to do.

1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(31) : error C3861: 'printMenu': identifier not found
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(99) : error C2084: function 'int login(void)' already has a body
1> c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(9) : see previous definition of 'login'
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(138) : error C2084: function 'void printMenu(void)' already has a body
1> c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\menu.h(7) : see previous definition of 'printMenu'
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(159) : error C3861: 'login': identifier not found
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(179) : error C2084: function 'void viewFile(void)' already has a body
1> c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\view.h(7) : see previous definition of 'viewFile'
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(186) : error C2084: function 'void options(int)' already has a body
1> c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\menu.h(7) : see previous definition of 'options'
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(196) : error C3861: 'viewFile': identifier not found
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(208) : error C2084: function 'void createFile(void)' already has a body
1> c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\create.h(9) : see previous definition of 'createFile'
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(233) : error C2084: function 'void readFile(void)' already has a body
1> c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\read.h(6) : see previous definition of 'readFile'
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(249) : error C2084: function 'void exitScreen(void)' already has a body
1> c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\exit.h(8) : see previous definition of 'exitScreen'
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(258) : error C2084: function 'void editFile(void)' already has a body
1> c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\edit.h(10) : see previous definition of 'editFile'
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(260) : error C3861: 'readFile': identifier not found
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\lib_test.cpp(279) : error C2084: function 'void searchFile(void)' already has a body
1> c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\search.h(9) : see previous definition of 'searchFile'
1>login.cpp
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(11) : error C2065: 'string' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(11) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'username'
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(11) : error C2065: 'username' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(12) : error C2065: 'string' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(12) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'password'
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(12) : error C2065: 'password' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(20) : error C2065: 'cout' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(21) : error C2065: 'cin' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(21) : error C2065: 'username' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(22) : error C2065: 'cout' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(23) : error C2065: 'cin' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(23) : error C2065: 'password' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(25) : error C2065: 'username' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(25) : error C2065: 'password' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(29) : error C2065: 'cout' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(30) : error C2065: 'cout' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(31) : error C3861: 'printMenu': identifier not found
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.cpp(10) : error C2084: function 'int login(void)' already has a body
1> c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.h(9) : see previous definition of 'login'
1>c:\dvlp\tmp\lib_test\lib_test\login.cpp(31) : error C3861: 'printMenu': identifier not found

Nope -- here are the errors I get. As you can see, the first error is about undefined symbol "printMenu". Fix that up and recompile. I'm not going to fix all the errors in this program for you -- that is for you to do.

WOW! petty i never got so many errors;)

Anyhow brother I recreated my project in VC++ and avoided having so many .h files to which I realised I didn't needed to! So instead created on whole .cpp file with all the classes and functions.

Anyways thanks for all the support.

Cheers

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.