Hi, which C# enviroment (i like to keep compiler, editer and debugger in the same program) can you guys recommend?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

MS Visual Studio

yep, Visual Studio (either full or express, depending on what you need and budget)

Other than that there is sharpdevelop, but I dont like it.

Okay, ill be sure to check out MS VS then, i just recall having heard some bad stuff about it? i maybe that was VB:)

VB is the bad stuff, this is for sure ;) If you find my answers satisfactory, please add to my reputation.

MS Visual Studio is a very good IDE, and the de-facto one for C# development

Okay, well thanks guys, ill get to it then;)

VB is the bad stuff, this is for sure ;) If you find my answers satisfactory, please add to my reputation.

Actually, not trying to start a flame war here, but the Visual Studio is great as an IDE, whether you're working in VB or C#. The only complaint I have is that it's a bit slow to launch when you're running a 32-bit OS...

Okay, alc6379. Ill take that into consideration to:-) is it faster on 64 bit?

The only complaint I have is that it's a bit slow to launch when you're running a 32-bit OS

It seems pretty slow on both. Then again VS has always been slow, its just a large and complex app (even vc6 was slow back in the day). 2005 seems to be much slower than 2003, and 2008 seems to be even worse.

^^ Thanks for the answer :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.