`Which book i have to refer to learn basic fundementals of Vb.net 2005? Kindly help me out

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi

I started off with "Sams Teach Yourself Visual Basic 5 in 24 hours"
I am still a beginner and am continuing with "Programming Microsoft Visual Basic.Net 2003"(official microsoft book)

I'm sure that there are different versions of both books for vb.net 2005.

Hai, Cardboard Box.Thanks for your kind information Mate...I have planned to Study about VB.NET Language. if you have any suggestions please Post it.

I would suggest you to use Pro VB 2005 and the .NET 2.0 Platform.
It's a big book, and will take you through most of the .NET Framework, the BCL (Base Class Library) and the VB.NET language, such as program structure etc. The book will also give you good insight into different "types" of development with Visual Studio/.NET, such as WinForms development, ASP.NET development and other areas of general .NET-based development work, all from a VB.NET developer's perspective.

The SAMS books are bad, but the Microsoft ones are good.

I reccomend "Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Step by Step"

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Visual-Basic-2005-Step/dp/0735621314/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240556034&sr=1-1

A good book on the fundamentals of VB programming. Designed for the total beginner - provides enough to get you started (if you have never programmed before) and the last few chapters give a taster of more advanced topics like ADO
.NET, ASP.NET, etc..., so you can move onto more advanced stuff later, such as the poster above reccomended.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.