hope someone can help-i am working on a radio telescope and need to
input data thru the parallel or serial port into a computer and have the computer display said data.i would like to use qbasic altho nominal i do have some experience in qbasic.
i have seen refferences to baud rate being needed. any help or guidence
would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

thank you for your reply-if you ever have a need to control stepper motors there is a ic chip that greatly simplifies control.servos are just to hard to stop where you want them to.programming the parallel port isn't the problem -inputing the signal -isn't the problem. the problem is actually charting the input.again thankyou very much.
don easterling

Dear Comatose,
I tried your servotest program because I would like tu use serial port for another Qbasic application.
I gives Time Out.
Can you help me ?

I haven't really coded a whole lot in QBasic lately, all my work has been in Visual Basic... did you read the second posted link (http://www.aaroncake.net/electronics/qblpt.htm), and maybe that one would help a little more?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.