dude theres a simple overide solution search the WINDOWS folder for AUTOEXEC.NT and copy it to C:\WINDOWS\System32 and voila!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Qbasic will work. Now if you want Qbasic 7.1 or a copy of AUTOEXEC.NT email me at :idea: :idea: <snip> :idea: :idea: :mrgreen:

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

What if a program required autoexec.nt to run? Would you then have to change the path in the new program to System32? The Autoexec.nt is a system file and should be kept where it is MrWhy has a safe idea of modifying Autoexec.nt check his threads out.

What if a program required autoexec.nt to run? Would you then have to change the path in the new program to System32? The Autoexec.nt is a system file and should be kept where it is MrWhy has a safe idea of modifying Autoexec.nt check his threads out.

The way I read it, he is not deleting the file from the original location, just
adding it to the system32 subfolder/directory so I wouldn't think there would be a problem with other programs.

ooo i c i c ... I've tried it and it does seem to work! Any known bugs?

No bugs so far usualy if it doesnt work its just because they did it wrong :!:
Now does anyone want Qbasic 7.1 :?: :?: :?: :?:

This version tells all available options then hang on.
The only solution is ctrl-alt-del.
What's going wrong ?

did you put autoexec.nt into system32?
could you explain the error so i can figure it out?

did you put autoexec.nt into system32?

No. What is this ?

could you explain the error so i can figure it out?

ON ERROR GOSUB errhdl
ON COM(1) GOSUB comint
COM(1) ON
OPEN "COM1:4800,N18,1,BIN" FOR RANDOM AS #1

=> error code 24 = timeout
Th same program runs fine with Win 98

Ok ive downloaded qbasic from geocites and when i run it i get an error message that says "invalid startup directory"

any help?

You should post in a new thread, and not bump old threads.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.