I have a list of teams, it can be any length. Now, for each team, I want to create a 2D box that says the team's name in the box. And I want to match these teams up against each other. So basically I want to be able to drag these boxes around, and if I drop them next to each other, I want it to say "Versus" between the two boxes. I'm pressed for time here as I somehow managed to finish my project, then realize I'd left out a requirement. So the easiest solution is preferred even if it isn't the most elegant. Here is what I'm thinking, if anybody has better ideas please suggest:
1. Make a Box class that represents a Box - instance variables would just be it's x, y coordinates and the Team name that is supposed to show up in the Box.
2. Make an ArrayList of boxes.
3. If the mouse is pressed on a certain window (the one where the boxes are), call the repaint method while the mouse is held down.
4. In the repaint method, go through the ArrayList of boxes, checking to see if the coordinates where the mouse current is are the coordinates of any of the boxes. If so, set the Box's coordinates to wherever the mouse currently is, and redraw the box.
5. I'd also have some method that checks the distance between the boxes after each repaint, and if the boxes are within a certain distance of each other, it would put "Versus" between them.
questions - does this way of doing it suck? and what would be the best way of making the team's name appear inside the box and move with the box?