I am trying to work with listbox in visual stuido 2008. I am new to c# as of 2 days ago however im very experienced with c++ and batch. I was wondering if someone could give me some quick help on how to use mouse clicks.

In particular i have a form with a listbox and its populated with lots of strings. When the user clicks on one of those strings i would like to process data based on that string.

For example:
| str |
| str2 |

Double click str.

Ive been searching for hours and all i seem to know is that
people like to use e as a variable for EventArgs. and that you might have to use
this.MouseDoubleClick += new MouseEventHandler(Something);

im lost lol
any help ?

8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ddanbe

In design mode select your listbox. Go to the properties window(usually low right). Select events(click on the lightning bolt icon.
Scroll to MouseDoubleClick and fill in a name you like (e.g. MyMouseDblClick) Press enter and see what happens. Continue from there.

Thanks, i didnt know it was that simple :)
After making that function i was able to get the mouse click to do something. And then i came to this conclusion:
If Cfg is the name of my listbox.

public void OnDoubleClick(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
            string Value="";
            Value = Cfg.Items[Cfg.SelectedIndex].ToString();

With that on click you get the name of what was clicked stored in value. Finally lol.

Thanks ddanbe

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.