Hey guys first post here.
Down to business, i have to create a hangman game in VB5 for a Yr 12 assignment. So far i have created a help screen and a word list and a main menu list to navigate to these forms, however i am struggling with the main game section.
So far all i have mangaed to come up with is a flow chart of what i want the program to do:
1. Form loads the wordlist
2. Picks a random word from the wordlist and display it as dashes in a label called "lblWord"
3. Keyboard on Screen enabled (I have an on screen keyboard made of command buttons they also do not work)
4. Everytime a letter button is pressed the game needs to check through the word and if the letter is not in the word load the next image of the hangman picture and decrease the counter by one (counter counts down the amount of incorrect guesses remaining) If the letter is in the word the dash in the word needs to be replaced with the letter.
5. The letter on the on-screen keyboard is disabled
6. If the word is complete user as won
7. If te hangman counter reaches zero the user has lost
This is what i have so far regarding the actual game, i also need help with making the letters work on the on screen keyboard.
Thanks fo any/all help you can give me