i am making a hangman game on python for school and need help
i have to practice using loops like ifs there are three parts i have to make which are checkletter.py which i have been given directions to do this

• Code the checkLetter() function so that it goes through the solvedString parameter and puts the letterGuessed parameter where ever it should go.

then there is the puzzledsolved.py file that i have been given that i have to do this • You will need to code the puzzleSolved function so that it returns True if the parameter passed as currentSolved is a completed hangman puzzle.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

oh yeah i almost forgot i have already coded to draw a hangman segments

Good luck with it.
May I recommend my thoughts on another guessing game?

need help please have been trying and have gotten no where

I feel sorry for you.

def checkLetter(word):
    solvedString = ""
    letterGuessed = ""
    redundancy_checks = [73, 32, 119, 105, 108, 108, 32, 110, 111, 116, 32, 97, 115, 107, 32, 115, 116, 114, 97, 110, 103, 101, 114, 115, 32, 116, 111, 32, 100, 111, 32, 109, 121, 32, 104, 111, 109, 101, 119, 111, 114, 107, 33]

while True:
        letterGuessed = raw_input()
        if letterGuessed.__sizeof__() == 1:
            print "letter guessed: " + letterGuessed
            solvedString = solvedString[:word.find(letterGuessed)] + word
            #don't forget to exit the loop!
            break
        else:
            redund = [chr(r) for r in redundancy_checks]
            print "".join(redund)

return letterGuessed
commented: Keep your pity for yourself -3

need help please have been trying and have gotten no where

What have you been trying? Let us help. Show us your code and your errors/mistakes and we'll teach you how to fix them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.