Hi. There is this stuff I do everyday with ms excel that contains a whole lot of data in it. And most of the time I search for records that appear twice on the sheet. but before I do that, I'll have to sort a particular column, say D, so as to get those records that appear twice together (one above the other). Someone gave me an idea of using macros for it, but I dont know how to write macros.
Please I need someone to tell me or show me how to go about it, i'LL REALLY REALLY BE GRATEFUL BECAUSE THIS IS SOMETHING I NEED URGENTLY. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Please for an addition to the above thread;
After sorting the "Column D", the macro should be able to identify the data that appear twice and highlight it in a color like red. Please a quick help will really be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

This macro does not require you to sort the list.
http:\\www.geocities.com\excelmarksway\excel\
DeleteDuplicates.xls

A toolbar button should appear on the worksheet. The Listviewer button show a dialog that allows you to highlight "red" any row you want. There are buttons to mark rows red or unmark red rows or delete red rows.

Duplication button deletes all duplicates. The macro looks for duplications so you do not need to sort. You have to set your security to low to use macros.

This macro does not require you to sort the list.
http:\\www.geocities.com\excelmarksway\excel\
DeleteDuplicates.xls

A toolbar button should appear on the worksheet. The Listviewer button show a dialog that allows you to highlight "red" any row you want. There are buttons to mark rows red or unmark red rows or delete red rows.

Duplication button deletes all duplicates. The macro looks for duplications so you do not need to sort. You have to set your security to low to use macros.

Thanks a lot for the link you gave to me. I used the DeleteDuplicates and modified to suit my own need. Thanks indeed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.