I'm writing a spellchecking program using a hash table. The hash table (a char * array) serves as the dictionary, storing words inputted from the file wordlist.txt. When I call the lookup function, a floating point exception occurs. Any suggestions you have on how to find what's causing the exception would be greatly appreciated.
Descriptions of the attached files:
1. spellcheck.cpp contains the main function, calling the Dictionary class member function "add" on every word in the file wordlist.txt.
2. hashTable.cpp contains definitions for functions in the Dictionary class. The "add" and "getIndex" functions are the only ones that are functional right now.
3. hashTable.h contains declarations.
4. wordlist.txt contains all the words that need to go in the dictionary.
5. input.txt is the input to the program, but isn't actually being used for anything yet.