hello. I would like to know how I can make out a Java code from a given mathematical equation like differentiation equations, summation and integration

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

You need to understand the logic of those equation first and use the javadocs (api) to help you with the functions available to solve mathematical problems.

Ofcourse I can get to understand the logic..What I want to know is how i can get, say a given equation to integrate or differentiate a number, then change that logic, to JAVA code..is there any application or tool that can do this?

Probably, do a google search for them. If you're talking about simple differentiation and integration (i.e. power rule) then it is trivial anyway, and so is chain rule for differentiation. Why don't you mention the specific formula you're trying to code and then show some progress or ideas etc on it.

Ofcourse I can get to understand the logic..What I want to know is how i can get, say a given equation to integrate or differentiate a number, then change that logic, to JAVA code..is there any application or tool that can do this?

Depends on the equation. A lot of equations are done for you and are included in Math.

double theta = 0.5;
double cosinetheta = Math.cos (theta);

Some equations you'll have to write out or combine with Math functions.

double x = 0.5;
double y = Math.cos (x) + Math.pow (theta, 1.5) - 2 * x + 6.3;

[edit]
And Math is just one of many classes you can use. There is all sorts of stuff out there, both from Sun and from individuals who have posted work.
[/edit]

Member Avatar for iamthwee

It all depends, if you want a numerical analysis approach it is a piece of piss. i.e using the trapezium rule for integration.

Something more than that, such as mathematica's engine would be a lot more involved.

how to solve uncertanity quation with the hep of java

Thanks for your sharing! I have learnt so much from your post!

Pls, can anyone tell me how to design and implement an application that computes and prints the mean and standard deviation of
a list of integers x1 through xn. Assume that there will be no more than a maximum of 50 input values. Pls, I am new Object Oreiented Program student.

DaniWeb Member Rules include:
"Do not hijack old threads by posting a new question as a reply to an old one"
http://www.daniweb.com/community/rules
Please start your own new thread for your question

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.