Hello everyone,

I am looking for open source message queue implementation in Java. Does anyone know where can I find a 100% pure Java implementation of message queue with basic features? It is better an implementation which does not rely on other components and can be used as a utility class.

Thanks in advance,
George

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by BestJewSinceJC

Thanks jwenting,

Not sure if it's what you're looking at, but maybe http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/messenger/ can be of use.

Your reply is very helpful. I simply want a local message queue and I want to queue some requests from user interface, and process them from the queue with priority. I also want to register/unregister message sender/receivers dynamically.

I have found out that the "Messenger" project you recommended is a Web and JMS based technology. Does it tie to Web application messages or does it need a server? My requirement is very simple and I do not want the message queue to be relied on any type of servers or databases. I want it to be used as a utility class. I think you are an expert of this field. Could you help?

regards,
George

Thanks jwenting,

Your reply is very helpful. I simply want a local message queue and I want to queue some requests from user interface, and process them from the queue with priority. I also want to register/unregister message sender/receivers dynamically.

I have found out that the "Messenger" project you recommended is a Web and JMS based technology. Does it tie to Web application messages or does it need a server? My requirement is very simple and I do not want the message queue to be relied on any type of servers or databases. I want it to be used as a utility class. I think you are an expert of this field. Could you help?

regards,
George

Hi George

Even i need to implement message queue [LinuxQ] which should not relay on any type of servers ,in java [preferably need an Open Source Messaging Queue Solution].

Pls Help me out .

Regards
Antriksh

Hello everyone,

I am looking for open source message queue implementation in Java. Does anyone know where can I find a 100% pure Java implementation of message queue with basic features? It is better an implementation which does not rely on other components and can be used as a utility class.

Thanks in advance,
George

Hi George,

I work in messaging software (MQ and SIB) and I have a VERY simple messaging simulation I wrote for education purposes that you might find helpful. Its a simple set os classes that uses an ArrayList as a 'queue' and main() starts 2 threads, a Producer and a Consumer, that put and get 'messages' from the 'queue'. Each 'message' is actually just a random string, but it works. Each thread uses re-entrant locks for 'queue' access. I can send it to you if you like. Keep in mind this stuff is REALLY simple, but it does demonstrate the concept.

Tyster

Instead of private messaging the solution, you can attach your project here or post a link to an external site if you have your project hosted somewhere else [e.g. sourceforge] so that others can benefit from it.

George, I think I understood everything you were saying up to here. "I also want to register/unregister message sender/receivers dynamically." What does that mean? Because up until then, it sounded like you simply wanted a generic priority queue, which is not hard to implement yourself, since Java already provides a PriorityQueue class.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.