Quicktime automatically plays files I want to download. Such as Mp3 download links and such. An example is http://beemp3.com/ (There are more sites than just this one.) I use FireFox and tried "Save Link As" and also tried Internet Explorer's "Save As". It does nothing. Just flashes the timer and then disappears.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

save as should do it, if it doesn't work then there may be a problem with your links. But as for quicktime playing your media, its because its the default plugin. open the options menu in firefox and click the applications tab. a list of web file types will appear with the codec that will play them. simple browse for mp3 file format, and change its default behavior to "always ask" and it will ask if you want to play it, or download it. respectfully everytime.

best regards.

but also. I don't think this post belongs in this thread of the IT forum. Be careful where you post your questions.

save as should do it, if it doesn't work then there may be a problem with your links. But as for quicktime playing your media, its because its the default plugin. open the options menu in firefox and click the applications tab. a list of web file types will appear with the codec that will play them. simple browse for mp3 file format, and change its default behavior to "always ask" and it will ask if you want to play it, or download it. respectfully everytime.

best regards.

but also. I don't think this post belongs in this thread of the IT forum. Be careful where you post your questions.

"Always Ask" didn't work but "Save File" does.

And I'm kind of new, so I'll be careful where I post my threads from now on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.