Hi, guys..

I am trying to find php script or open source script, for digital goods to sell on static website.

My client wants to sell his music online. He wants very simple function for Store. When somebody make successful payment on paypal, the link should re-direct to a download page.

The download page stays a/v for only 24 hours. After 24 hours if the buyer tries to access the same link.. the link must say.. "Your 24hours download period is over, Please enter your email and authentication number from paypal to receive your files in email".

Well setting up the store with paypal it's easy. But the challenging part for me is the after payment. I don't have relationship with php far far away. LOL.

Anyway, If anybody has any suggestions, script or service that might satisfy my requirement, I'll appreciate your help a lot.

Thanks for your time for reading me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

To do this you will need to:

1. Set up a professional sellers account with paypal....
2. Activate IPN, give your various urls
3. Write an IPN listener script.

In a nutshell, the person makes the cart that is local, store it in a temp database, send off to paypal, and if all is ok, the IPN decides what to do. maybe take temp and move to orders, that triggers the release of the items?

That what i did anyway

To do this you will need to:

1. Set up a professional sellers account with paypal....
2. Activate IPN, give your various urls
3. Write an IPN listener script.

In a nutshell, the person makes the cart that is local, store it in a temp database, send off to paypal, and if all is ok, the IPN decides what to do. maybe take temp and move to orders, that triggers the release of the items?

That what i did anyway

Hi,

Thanks for your time and suggestion for my problem. I really appreciate.

But, I need more information. I mean how do you implement IPN with Php.?

I hope you understand my question.

Thanks again though for guiding me.

- Vipul

You can look on paypal for code suggestions.

When a payment is sent to paypal you include information in the header, such as user ID.

Your user is kept at the payment page, and when payment is complete, the ipn waits for this header, strips out VERIFIED or UNSUCCESSFUL and then sends your user to the relevant page.

Just keep searching on paypal and there are some great walk throughs for it along with, as i said, code example in many languages

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.