Hi...
I wrote code using vb.net
picturebox1.image=image.Fromfile("C:\a.jpg")
picturebox1 display image a.jpg.

if picturebox1 display, file a.jpg can't delete it because "being used by another person".
how to close picturebox1 so file a.jpg can delete?

i have tried to use picturebox1.dispose() and picturebox1.image=nothing but still can delete and display error message "being used by another person"

thanx

Hi...
I wrote code using vb.net
picturebox1.image=image.Fromfile("C:\a.jpg")
picturebox1 display image a.jpg.

if picturebox1 display, file a.jpg can't delete it because "being used by another person".
how to close picturebox1 so file a.jpg can delete?

i have tried to use picturebox1.dispose() and picturebox1.image=nothing but still can delete and display error message "being used by another person"

thanx

Hi,
you need to use :- PictureBox1.Image.Dispose() by using dispose on the picturebox, you are not disposing the image itself.

Hi,
you need to use :- PictureBox1.Image.Dispose() thanx for your reply,
by using dispose on the picturebox, you are not disposing the image itself.

Picturebox1.image.dispose() can't delete and display error
if user vb 2005,2008 can use picturebox1.image=nothing to close and delete/rename that image file.
but i have tried use vb 2003 and result can't rename that image file

i use vb.2003
thanx

i think it's just like when you're opening a file using file stream that's why it prompts the message that it's being used..

try this
then after closing, delete the file

hope this helps,

i have found some different and it is working.
i.e.

Use picturebox1.dispose() instead of picturebox1.image.dispose().

I need to determine which tab the user is coming from, and going to, when they switch tabs, and possibly cancel the switch. I have tried the Deselecting, Deselected, Selecting, Selected events, and all of them show the e.TabPageIndex to be the same as the sender.SelectedIndex.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.