Start New Discussion within our Software Development Community

Hi everyone. I'm new in Visual Basic(i work in Visual basic 2010) and i have a problem and hope u will help me. I want to load image to pictureBox depending on randomly generated number. For example if random number is 14 then i want to load image with the file name "14.gif".random number is generated when button "Generate" is clicked. how can i do that? images are in Resources folder inside the project folder.
I tried this but didnt work:

Public Class Form1

Dim images() As String
Dim RandClass As Random = New Random
Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    images = IO.Directory.GetFiles(My.Resources, "*.gif")
End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    Dim R As Integer = RandClass.Next(0, images.Count)
    PictureBox1.Image = Image.FromFile(images(R))
End Sub

End Class

Post your solution so others that have the same problem know what to do and mark this post as solved.

ok so I'm generating random number from 1 to 52(its a card game i'm doing) and then whichever number is generated the same image number is shown in pictureBox. I added ImageList tool from toolbox, I added images to ImageList. here is code:

Dim Generator As New Random
Dim randNum As Integer

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
'generate random number

randNum = Generator.Next(1, 52)

'show image of the card in pictureBox (picCard1)

picCard1.Image = ImageList1.Images(randNum)  

End Sub

everytime button is clicked new image is shown in pictureBox and image is exactly the one i needed. For example: image of 2 spades called "2.gif" and when random number is 2 the image "2.gif" is shown!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.