Hi all,

I have a piece of xml+html which I'm trying to cleanup using xslt. Here's a sample;

<body>
<TEXT>A few bright spots are emerging in the small to medium-size enterprises landscape, but funding issues remain as much a problem for those who want to expand overseas as for those who want to survive nationally.<p/>Export credit agency, the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation, showed in its latest annual Global Readiness Index that although Australian businesses remain hopeful about their overseas operations, smaller firms face high finance barriers.<p/>More than 80 per cent of companies with overseas operations plan to expand them and more than 40 per cent without overseas operations plan to move into foreign markets.</TEXT>
</body>

Note the two <p/> tags which are bad, indeed. How can I find them and replace them by the proper </p><p> with concat to make the body/TEXT node proper html.

oh.. and.. this is my first post here, so pls shout at me loud if there's anything I'm doing wrong!

Thanks!

with xsl you delete the <p/> Tags

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:template match="/">
	<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

to modify <p> use sax then you can control <p> Tag
Helmut Hagemann

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.