I have made a form that contains about 60 buttoncontrols, 7 panels and 10 textboxes.

What happens when I drag around this Form etc.. is that the controls flickers very much.

How is it possible to reduce this flickering.

Thank you...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When you refer to Form, do you mean you are using the VC++/.Net framework. If this is the case, you can try simply setting the DoubleBuffered property (protected member I believe).

Yes I use the VC++ Express Edition 2008.
I have tried to put this in the Load event of the form but when I do that the whole desktop is flickering also with all folders and files that I have there and the form is flickering even more.

I wonder if that is the correct way to do that. This was the best thing I could find on google that compiled.
I have also tried to put the DoubleBuffered property to true for the Form, with the same problem, it actually gets worse.

(To mention, I have about 250 buttoncontrols on the form)

Perheps I would do this in any other way ?

Control::SetStyle(ControlStyles::OptimizedDoubleBuffer, true);

When you refer to Form, do you mean you are using the VC++/.Net framework. If this is the case, you can try simply setting the DoubleBuffered property (protected member I believe).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.