HI..
could u help me,how to Login windows user account using vb.net ?
thanx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Which type of vb.net application are you developing? Is it web or desktop (windows)?

Which type of vb.net application are you developing? Is it web or desktop (windows)?

Thanx for your reply
i use desktop vb.net(windows).
thanx

Unlike, windows services, windows applications need user to be logged on before it can be run. So, I think it is not possible to log on the user using vb.net windows applications.

If you are just looking for windows user management using vb.net windows app then it is possible.

Unlike, windows services, windows applications need user to be logged on before it can be run. So, I think it is not possible to log on the user using vb.net windows applications.

If you are just looking for windows user management using vb.net windows app then it is possible.

thanx.
I think,that application i put on startup.so every turn on computer,this application auto login windows. no need to insert username n password again

thanx.
I think,that application i put on startup.so every turn on computer,this application auto login windows. no need to insert username n password again

There is a regedit way to do it goto Start>Run> then Regedit then goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Then add a String Value called DefaultUserName
Setting for String is:[Enter the account name to be automatically logged on]

Then add another String Value Called DefaultPassword
Setting for String is: [Enter the account password]

Then restart

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.