My friend and I are trying to write a program for my Spanish teacher so that she can just type Spanish words and English words into an application, those words get stored as an array somewhere, and then another program that tests the kids uses that array. The program gives them the Spanish, then they give it the English. Could anybody help us with this because we don't even know where to start even though we both know a substantial amount of C and C++ programming.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

So you want like a cuecard type program? Console based?
An easy way, given the only specifications you listed, would be to just setup your own record format for each spanish and english companion into a file and then write your functions you'll need to get, add, delete and modify records. Then you can write the user interfaces to the program pretty easily.

My friend and I are trying to write a program for my Spanish teacher so that she can just type Spanish words and English words into an application, those words get stored as an array somewhere, and then another program that tests the kids uses that array. The program gives them the Spanish, then they give it the English. Could anybody help us with this because we don't even know where to start even though we both know a substantial amount of C and C++ programming.

well...this really looks like an OOP type of problem.

try making a language class that has an array...and use inheritance for spanish and english, then make objects for each word, and in the constructor maybe you could enter the word as a parmeter and store it to the array, then just call all that stuff as needed.

get what I'm saying??? just think about the prob for a while, it'll come to you soon :D

The program gives them the Spanish, then they give it the English.

Could you be a bit more specific :).

The program that I want to write displays the spanish to the kids and they have to input the english. But I want to make another program so that my spanish teacher can type in spanish and english words and then save them to some file, and then the program that asks the kids the questions retrieves the data from that file to ask the questions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.