hi i have just got my self a Borland 4.5 from ebay and would like some help in using it.
i am very new to programing and i would like to be able to put a shoping cart on my website but i know nothing about it
all help very welcome

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

thank you very much for you advice

>i have just got my self a Borland 4.5 from ebay
You got ripped off, no matter what you paid for it. Borland 4.5 is too old to be useful these days, and Borland gives away their 5.5 compiler for free.

>like to be able to put a shoping cart on my website
C and C++ really aren't the best options for this. Look into Perl or PHP if you want to write it yourself.

If you really want to learn C++ from a package deal I recommend this ...

Get yourself the book "Standard C++ Bible" by Stevens and Walnum, published by Hungry Minds. This 800 page plus book is loaded with samples and comes with a CD-ROM containing all the samples and a nifty little Mingw32 C++ based IDE/compiler called Quincy 99. The IDE has a reference option to the book. I am not shamelessly promoting this book, I just happen to like it!

BTW Quincy has a website and is actually a very good and free C++ IDE/compiler package. Very nice for the more serious student.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.